Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF HIRE
- Returns: The renter agrees to return the bike to Hastings Bicycle Hire at the time and date indicated on the contract. A late return may be charged at the rate of a new hire.
- Lost Items: We reserve the right to charge the replacement value of any item that is not returned or goes missing. Please ask for insurance options.
- Damaged Items: For long term hires on our 1 week or more deals, we reserve the right to charge for damages at our discretion, up to replacement value. For short term hires, we cover the full cost of any damages.
- Bond: For long term hires, we also require a bond payment which will be returned at the completion of the hire, less any payment for lost or damaged items.
- Cancellations: For pre-paid bookings, a 90% refund will be given at any stage for a cancellation, including same day cancellations. Full refund for wet weather cancellations.
The renter agrees to treat the bicycle or other equipment with reasonable care including:
- Always locking the bicycle securely (eg. Bike stand, pole or tree) if leaving unattended
- Storing accessories securely when not in use.
- Riding on road or cycle trails only. No off-road cycling or mountain bike trails.
- If adjusting any mechanical parts of the bicycle, to let Hastings Bicycle Hire know by SMS, email, or in person on returning the bicycle.
LIABILITY & SAFETY: You ride at your own risk.
- Hastings Bicycle Hire will not be held liable for any injury, damage or loss you incur while riding one of our bicycles.
- You agree to comply with all requirements given by the Ministry of Transport, and in particular to always wear your helmet and use bike lights when riding in the dark.
- You agree not to ride while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE: If required, a callout fee may apply.
- Roadside assistance is not guaranteed as part of the hire price, however you may call us, or alternatively you can call Hastings Taxis on 06 878 5055 if you need a callout or transfer for passengers and bikes at your expense.
- You are welcome to borrow a bicycle pump and puncture repair kit at no extra charge.
- For an additional cost we can offer breakdown insurance. Please ask.