Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF HIRE
- Returns: The renter agrees to return the bike to Hastings Bicycle Hire at the time and date indicated on the contract. A late return may be charged at the rate of a new hire.
- Lost Items: We reserve the right to charge the replacement value of any item that is not returned or goes missing. Please ask for insurance options.
- Damaged Items: For long term hires on our 1 week or more deals, we reserve the right to charge for damages at our discretion, up to replacement value. For daily hires, we cover the full cost of any damages.
- Bond: For long term hires and e-bikes, we also require a bond payment which will be returned at the completion of the hire, less any payment for lost or damaged items.
- Cancellations: For pre-paid bookings, an 80% refund will be given at any stage for a cancellation, including same day cancellations. Full refund for wet weather cancellations.
The renter agrees to treat the bicycle or other equipment with reasonable care including:
- Always locking the bicycle securely (eg. Bike stand, pole or tree) if leaving unattended
- Storing accessories securely when not in use.
- Riding on road or cycle trails only. No off-road cycling or mountain bike trails.
- If adjusting any mechanical parts of the bicycle, to let Hastings Bicycle Hire know by SMS, email, or in person on returning the bicycle.
LIABILITY & SAFETY: You ride at your own risk.
- Hastings Bicycle Hire will not be held liable for any injury, damage or loss you incur while riding one of our bicycles.
- You agree to comply with all requirements given by the Ministry of Transport, and in particular to always wear your helmet and use bike lights when riding in the dark.
- You agree not to ride while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE: If required, a callout fee may apply.
- Roadside assistance is not guaranteed as part of the hire price, however you may call us, or alternatively you can call Hastings Taxis on 06 878 5055 if you need a callout or transfer for passengers and bikes at your expense.
- You are welcome to borrow a bicycle pump and puncture repair kit at no extra charge.
- For an additional cost we can offer breakdown insurance. Please ask.